Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing # 9


What a blast I had with Flickr! I learned how to search out photos in Flickr Creative Commons which is where I found this one uploaded by Mootsie. She is a mother who enjoys photography as a hobby, however, some of her photos have made it into country magazines. I thought it was an appropriate pic for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. It is called "Teaching By Example".
There are so many places for Flickr in education. On one of the websites we visited on assignment, I read the teachers suggested uses. The assignment had students find pictures to illustrate different words for walking. Another teacher posted student products and I got a kick out of one student that created a pizza that would teach trig.! I also want to steal the idea of using pics for writing prompts and I'll be passing that idea along to my team. Being a member will be so helpful in the future. My sister is already on Flickr so now I can access the pictures she took on my wedding day at the beach! I'm sure I will be using those for several projects this summer.

2 comments:

  1. That patriotic touch is grand any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the teacher using photos to define walking.

    ReplyDelete