Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing 14 -Stretch

Being the coffee addict that I am, I thought I would search to find Starbucks on Wikipedia. The content did seem valid and complete, but I know otherwise. I know enough to know that the source may not be valid. I'm wary about uses of Wikipedia for that reason. I guess it's like reading any other report in that it is only as good as it's source. Even a story in a newspaper may not be completely valid. Anyway, I read about the origin of the company, marketing strategies and controversy surrounding it's fair trade policies. Under the discussion tab there were several comments and suggestions for changes. I think some people have a lot of time on their hands! There was more than I care to know about Starbucks! There were several revisions, too. I wonder why these people choose to spend their time on this one little area of Wikipedia? I guess the word is passionate.

No comments:

Post a Comment