Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing # 17

I previewed the podcasts Just One More Book and Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips. I decided to subscribe to both. On the quick and dirty tips website, I actually found a feed on nutrition that I'm subscribing to for simply personal interest. I love both podcasts above. Just One More Book frequently highlights fantastic children's books so I know I will enjoy someone seeking out the books for me and sharing them. Grammar Girl is such a hoot! I'm one of those rare nerds who enjoys grammar so it's a good thing I taught 4th grade writing for ten years! I love the simplicity of it and the fact that it's not my voice I hear spouting grammar rules. Podcasts can definitely be an important asset to a classroom lesson. Infact, they can be the focus activity leading into a great lesson. I could also have a podcast center set up that kids could rotate to and listen to predetermined podcasts pertaining to the content area chosen. I've used iTunes for a while now, so I'm pretty familiar with iPod podcast listening. It's funny because I didn't think of iTunes as a hub for podcasts until now. It is nice to understand these terms now that I'm am learning so much about web 2.o. I feel like I'm finally in the "know", however I know that technology is constantly changing. Maybe now I won't be too intimidated to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment