Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #21

It doesn't surprise me that Google is the most popular search engine as I use it frequently. Using it as a verb is funny, too. I just thought people said, "let's google it..." for fun. I set up a Google Alert and, since I share the computer with my husband, I thought I would choose the Dallas Cowboys. We are both big football fans so receive alerts on the "boys" will be fun for both of us. If it gets annoying I hope I can figure out how to stop it. I think the alerts can be helpful in education, too. I could set up alerts about anything from recycling efforts to schools in the news. I might do this on my school computer when I go back in the fall. Google Calendar was what I explored next. I set up a calendar with summer classes and will add personal events as well. I think this would be great to use for parent conferences, student/faculty birthdays, PTA meetings and I could go on and on. Sharing it with students/parents might be cool, unless they would have access to my account. I like that it is on my computer and not another thing to handle on my desk. Picasa Web albums were neat, too. I already had photos in mine, which I could not figure out. Maybe it's connected to my Kodak program somehow? Anyway, I like this as another option to Flickr, although most of my photos are with Flickr already. I could store school photos on Picasa and personal ones on Flickr in the future. I did not know Google had so many cool things to offer!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll steal your idea to have google alert me on the 'Boys!

    ReplyDelete