Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing # 18

Welcome to the time vacuum that is YouTube! Wow! I could literally spend a day on that thing! I was bookmarking like crazy using Delicious (which was a great idea-thanks for the suggestion of bookmarking them).
Because I'm not going to be in a general ed classroom setting next year, I had to think about what topics I should search. I searched dyslexia programs such as MTA and low and behold there it was! A YouTube video from MISD had been posted describing how the dyslexia program has changed lives-too cool! I also found one on famous dyslexics which was really touching and inspiring! It is really simplistic with pictures set to a Beatles's song. On Teacher Tube I found the funniest video of a teacher going over his class rules. I posted it below.
My experience on these video hosting sites has been a fun one. I'm very glad to know there is a safe way to search on YouTube. Last year, one of my fourth graders frequently got on YouTube and it worried me. I always told him to let his dad know what videos he was watching. However, I see so many wonderful uses for these sites if used in the right context for learning. I think it could bring such fun and humor to the forefront of any lesson or subject.
Here's the link to the Teacher Tube. I could not get it to post as a visible icon.
Classroom Rules

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the Classroom Rules. It was classic! I LOVE the funny ones.

    ReplyDelete