Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing #23



I joined Teachers 2.0/Ning and found it to be a resourceful site. I never knew about these other social networks. It is great to know we can socialize with like-minded educators all over the world with the click of a mouse! Ning, particularly teachers 2.0, was easy to navigate and had some interesting topics of discussion going on. I can see how this site could inform me of great conferences that will be held and speakers that may be traveling my way. I found a more private site for passionate teachers. It was a neat and informal way for teachers to share their ideas and help one another.
I have to think more on ideas for using social networking of this caliber professionally or in the classroom. I guess I could start a network for a book club or something of that nature where the kids could sound off about characters and plot twists, etc. Overall, these sites are extremely valuable for their efficiency. Teachers can approach them at times which are convenient instead of trying to gather thoughts quickly at an afterschool committee meeting. I'm so happy to branch out into these other realms.

No comments:

Post a Comment