Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing # 12

I went to each one of these tools and had a blast! I can totally lose track of time when I'm navigating around these sites. A use of 30 Boxes could be to house my students' birthdays and notify me of upcoming ARD's or conferences. This way my calendar would not get covered up on my desk! Gliffy would be a fantastic tool for students to input information into flow charts or outlines. Fourth graders could use it for their pre-writing for writers' workshop. Blabberize is too funny! What a great way for kids to create a pic to review another student on concepts for a test. I could engage my tutoring students with this tool. I also found timeglider to be unique. I haven't seen anything like this before, but the kids would love to make their time lines on this site verses my sentence strips that I usually give them for social studies. Pikistrips and toondoo would also be great assets to our writers' workshop. We could really have fun creating, working on characters and practicing quotation marks with this tool. Wordle is a cool, easy site to create word webs, picture words and much more that could be used for vocabulary review. I have already used the write board, but will continue to use it to store information I will need in the future. Most of these tools have significant social interactive properties that would engage students and provide high motivation during learning.

1 comment: