Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing # 19

Now that I've seen some Voicethreads, I realized that I've already used some in my masters class. My professor would put his lectures on these and it was great because I could listen, rewind, move forward and refer to later. Which takes me to my next point of how I could use them professionally. The ways are endless. For instance, I think of the snow day we had. Students could access a voicethread from me to get a content review or other information from home. I love the family heirloom pictures in the example. It would be cool to do this with your family and let them reminisce about the pictures by making comments. Voice threads are a great way to archive information to use and reuse. I could make some each year and build on the lessons. It doesn't seem too hard to use or create. I like that it uses still pictures. Can it use video? If so, I didn't see any. Maybe I just missed it somehow. Thanks for the new learning!

1 comment:

  1. How neat would it be if we had students access our voicethreads from home on a snow day. Man they would be upset.

    ReplyDelete