Thursday, July 16, 2009

That's all folks....

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Yikes- I can't believe I did it! Victory at last! Not to sound dramatic, but this was a roller coaster ride of learning thrills. My favorite things include creating the blog, maintaining it, discovering all google has to offer, image generators, social networking, widgets:)and gadgets:), and I could name more. I have a whole new vocabulary file in my brain.

How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals?
My lifelong learning goals were more than met in this course. I did not know I had it in me to do so much discovering and learning through technology. It was really trying at times, but I never wanted to give up. I was always drawn back in because I know this knowledge is the future.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I now feel like somewhat of a techno-geek! I never thought I'd say that! I surprised myself with my risk-taking and exploring. I found patience deep within myself (ok, summer helped).

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I don't know that you could improve on the format or concept. It is what it is- overwhelming, challenging, and wonderful!!

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
I would because I am now a believer in forcing myself to figure out new tools.

How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher or school librarian?
What I have learned will influence me tremendously. It already has. I will communicate with my students and parents in all new ways. My students will be given the power to create, share and develop highly technical assignments. I won't shy away as in the past because I've supported my knowledge by learning much more.

How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful.
Blogging will be the main way I try to stay up. My new memberships to 23thingsters and Teacher 2.0 will also be informative. I resolve to keeping up with my blog, even if I re-purpose it, to use as a reflection tool at least two times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment