Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing # 5

After reading about Linda in Student 2.0, it made me reflect on my application process for my undergrad. It was so overwhelming and nobody in my family could help me. I was the first to go to college. My parents were there, but we aimlessly went from office to office on a wild goose chase full of paperwork! No one really prepares you for how overwhelmed you'll feel before the classes even start! It also brought back the pressures of choosing a college, choosing a major and how the beginning of the process felt. I appreciate her openness and honesty during this journey in her life.
I'm going to enjoy the updates from RSS. I like the idea of streamlining all that information without all the clicking and visiting of other sites. I'm excited to learn what else is available.

2 comments:

  1. The RSS feeds is one of my favorite features in 23 things. It's not "fun" like many of the other things, but it is definitely useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do most of my professional reading these days from my Google Reader. I love the immediacy of knowing the current thoughts of those educators that are considered "movers and shakers" in the field.

    ReplyDelete